Friday, February 6, 2009

Just Decide...

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about who I am, what I do, what matters, and what I'm choosing to create in this life. All of these thoughts are tied into my previous post in some way or another. What I know is that until I really choose to commit to something I can waffle in the world of indecision and confusion forever. And sometimes, for me to choose to commit, I just need to forget all about the "how's" and the "why's" and just say YES. And, once I do that things really do seem to fall into place. What do I mean by commit? I mean going after the things in my life that are important to me just by simply DECIDING to do so. It may mean registering for a course, signing up for a marathon, booking tickets for a vacation, or conducting a new workshop--but you'll see that for all of these things one simple thing is required: ACTION. I need to say "yes" and then follow through with the details (like actually registering, making a phone call, posting a brochure up, etc.). It's almost a formula:
DECIDE + COMMIT + TAKE ACTION = ACCOUNTABILITY & FOLLOW THROUGH which leads to HAPPINESS & FULFILLMENT

What I also know is that going after the things that I want won't always be easy. It might mean waking up at 6 am to fit that run in, having to ask for help, saying NO more, or whatever my challenge in the moment might be, but in the end it will be worth it because I will be living my life and moving forward. What do you need to decide just to say "yes" to? What action can you take to increase your commitment? Do it!

Dream Big. Imagine. Be Inspired.
LIVE

No comments: