Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Are You Kidding Me???

Don't oversleep. Don't oversleep? Are you kidding me? This fortune was clearly not meant for anyone in our household as sleep is a precious commodity around here. Our days end somewhere around 10-11pm and can start anywhere from 5:30-7:00 am. Once upon a time I actually enjoyed getting up at 5:30am to start my day with a good dose of healthy exercise but it was summer and I was younger and I could take a nap in the afternoon if I needed to. Things are a little different now!

I'm all for having a productive day tomorrow--there are still boxes to unpack, recycling to drop off, toy baskets to organize, workshops to plan, and despite the hours I'm awake during the day, there still never seems to be enough time. At least, that's the perspective that I'm in at the moment. But is that really true? If I'm honest with myself, the answer would be "No, of course there's enough time". The question I need to ask myself is "What needs my focused attention right now?"
which reminds me of a quote I saw the other day:

That which matters the most should never give way to that which matters the least.

How true is that? So, even though there are a million "things" that need to get done around here I'm probably going to take Jake swimming or to the park to run and play and then we might celebrate our day by sharing a yummy steamed milk (his favorite). The boxes will be there for another day but who knows, maybe Jake will have a memory of his day tomorrow that will last him a lifetime.
(By the way, I've tried to get this section to match the font size in the above section about a million times but it won't publish correctly, any ideas???)


Dream big. Imagine. Be inspired.
LIVE

No comments: